These User Guidelines (“Guidelines”) are an agreement between ArtCrux LLC (“ArtCrux LLC”, “us”, “we” or “our”) and you (“User”, “you” or “your”). This Agreement sets forth the general user guidelines of your use of the ArtCrux website and any of its products or services (collectively, “Website” or “Services”).
Participation in this Website constitutes agreement to the following Guidelines, which apply to listings, other posts, profile information, avatars, any other content on this site and participation in general.
If you believe that the User Guidelines have been violated or have spotted content that may otherwise require attention, please send us a message or notify us via the “Report” option on listings, including a link to the content reported and a brief description of the reason for notification. Notification is voluntary. You should not respond to a violation personally. Responding to a violation in an inflammatory manner is a may result in account deactivation.
This is a for-profit website that generates revenue with user-posted listings and other avenues. Any content that violates our User Guidelines will be removed. Interpretation of the Guidelines is performed at our discretion.
1. ArtCrux offers free and paid listings.
2. Listings must pertain to the following topics: Ballet, Chamber Music, Chorus, Concert Band, Drawing, Independent Film, Mixed Media, Modern Dance, Literature, Opera, Orchestra, Painting, Poetry, Photography, and Theater. Listings associated with ensembles, artists, and venues that do not specialize in these topics are prohibited.
3. Listings must conform to the listing types established in this website which are:
a) The “Artist” listing type describes a person who creates works with aesthetic value associated with the visual, literary, or performing arts.
b) The “Ensemble” listing types describes a group of performing artists (e.g., opera, ballet, orchestra, chamber music, concert band, etc.).
Tc) he “Venue” listing type describes a physical or online host of events associated with the visual, literary, or performing arts (e.g., art exhibitions, ensemble performances, poetry readings, etc.).
d) The “Media” listing type contains an embedded streaming video link (e.g., YouTube or Vimeo), an embedded SoundCloud streaming audio link, or images that include a work of visual, literary, or performing art (e.g., performance, exhibition, reading, etc.) presented or performed by an entity described in a published Artist, Ensemble, or Venue listing. Select “Yes” if your listing fits this description. They are presented by the artist, ensemble, or venue currently represented in published listings.
e) The “Event” listing type describes a visual, literary, or performing arts calendar event (e.g., recital,
concert, exhibition, reading, etc.) presented or performed by an entity
described in a published Artist, Ensemble, or Venue listing. They are presented by the artist, ensemble, or venue currently represented in your published listings.
4. Listings may be created to represent an artist profile, ensemble, or venue. Works and event listings can only be created after the relevant Artist, Ensemble, or Venue listing has been published.
5. Users must be authorized to post listings or other posted content that represents people, businesses, organizations, or other entities (e.g., ensembles, venues, artists, users, etc.). Accounts owned or managed by users that post content without explicit authorization by people, organizations, or groups (e.g., ensembles, venues, artists, users, etc.) represented in listings or other posted content will be terminated.
6. Duplicative or excessive listings may not be create for an ensemble, venue, or artist. Multiple Works and Events listings that are not excessive or duplicative may be created and associated with an Ensemble, Venue, or Artist listings.
7. Each user is allowed to create only one account. Accounts owned or managed by users that have created more than one account will be terminated.
8. Multiple accounts cannot publish listings for one person, business, organization, or other entity (e.g., ensemble, venue, artist, user, etc.).
9. Site staff may communicate with you users via email or mobile phone number to address violations of User Guidelines or to ask questions about posted listing content. Failure to respond to communications could result in the suspension or termination of user accounts and posted content.
10. Cross-posting is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more posts. Cross-posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations. When posting, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the structure of the website. Listings with the same or similar will be removed.
11. Attempts to artificially increase post counts are prohibited. This includes the mass creation of short or meaningless posts and consecutive replies posted within a short period of time.
12. We offer the ability to post listings for marketing purposes. The creation of advertisements via means other than listings used for their intended purposes (e.g., comments, etc) is prohibited.
13. The posting of excessive links or suspected of use of advertising methods in posts outside of authorized listings are in violation of our Guidelines. Generally speaking, posts made specifically for the promotion of a
website, product or service are considered advertising or, at least, posts made that unnecessarily send people to a website that you are in some way affiliated with. It does not matter if it is a commercial website, a personal website, a non profit website, etc.
14. Listings or any other posted content may not link to affiliate URLs or sites. Users are not allowed to post affiliate URLs that lead to earning cash, banner impressions, credits, points, etc.
15. Strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of profiles, signatures, and other content. Posts with religious or political content may be removed.
16. Do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers.
17. As this is an English-speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored.
18. Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed. Abbreviations, self censoring, and attempts to circumvent the word censoring feature of the community software also violate this guideline. If posts contain a word that is censored by the Site software, the word or the post will be removed.
19. When linking to outside websites, content of the link must meet our Guidelines. This includes mentioning or referencing a site, even if the mention is not hyperlinked. If a link is posted and that link is automatically censored, it is considered to be an inappropriate link and should be remove from a post immediately. If left, all posts that feature inappropriate links will be removed.
20. Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or websites will be removed. This includes the posting of information obtained illegally.
21. Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. For text articles, most of the time you may quote a small portion of the article (usually no more than 1/5 or 1/6) and you must link to the source (if online) or provide the source (if offline). Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement. This is not the place to illegally trade or distribute copyrighted (or those with questionable copyright status) video or audio clips.
22. When posting and linking to images, videos, files, etc., refrain from hotlinking . This is the direct linking to images (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, etc.), video (.avi, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, etc.), audio (.mp3, .wav, etc.), archives (.zip, .rar, etc.) or otherwise downloadable or streamable files, on servers that you do not have permission to link to, instead of linking to the page where the item can be found. This includes providing a direct link to the file, even if that file is not embedded into your post.
23. Respect all members. When in disagreement with posted comments, explain your point of view respectfully without engaging in flaming, taunting, or posting inflammatory or defamatory comments.
24. Automated account creation, participation, and content scraping is not permitted.
25. You may terminate your account. After account closure, you will no longer be able to participate in this Website. This action is not reversible.
All content is granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights. You may delete your listings or request the removal of a post at any time. Deletion requests will be reviewed by our staff and either approved or denied at our discretion.
18. Posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions performed by our staff, such as post removals and thread closures, are not permitted.
IViolation of these Guidelines may result in the deactivation of your account. We may deactivate any account and edit or remove any posts, listings, or site content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us at [email protected]
This document was last updated on March 28, 2021.